Friday, February 23, 2007

teenage years redo and hi teched

I am so far out of the teens that I can barely remember when the number 1 was the first number in my age. But I remember talking on the phone and sharing music.

This was updated last night when I was Skyping with a friend in the states. We looked up stuff on youtube.com and I gave her some of my French favourites. We would bring them up, listen and she was able to translate some of them.

Then we started on finding songs that we used to sing when my daughter was little such as Tennessee Bird Walk. Mornings before work we would often dance around the house to Candy Man. My friend played many of the Kris Kristofferson songs. We saw him in concert in Asbury Park after a hurricane and the roof kept flaking down.

We went to the Sonny&Cher Comedy hour videos and recalled how we watched Sunday nights after Llara was in bed, the last breath of freedom before work on Monday.

Two hours+ on Skype and a walk through a shared past. Although the worries about money, work and raising my daughter, the tiredness from doing too much were always there, they were hidden under the laughter of all the silly things we did like making giant pillows and losing control of the filling which filled our living room as if we were in an I Love Lucy episode.

Somewhere over the Rainbow led us to the memory of a party for my friend’s father where we turned the dining room into the Emerald Café and had yellow bricks leading into the house.

Even then I think we knew they were the good old days and even if we are living the good new days, they are built on too many happy memories to count.

No comments: