Monday, January 29, 2007

hmm hmm good

My new ATM card must be delicious because two different machines ate it. The young man at the counter, who asked his counterpart if he could guess my nationality (he didn’t), offered to order a new one at no cost, saying hopefully it would be there before I went back to Geneva.

There were several people behind me in line as we worked through my problem. From no where a grey-haired woman, shopping bag over her arm, burst ahead of me, took the teller’s head in her hands and kissed him on both cheeks. “A vendredi,” she said and vanished.

The teller, who was now bright red looked at me. "Ma grandmére."

"C'est mignon," I said, making him blush deeper, but I did think it was cute. I didn't want to make him redder by saying, it was good to be adored as he obviously was. He is probably safe from more embarrassment until Friday.

No comments: