Friday, November 24, 2006

Meeting up with M

For well over two years we have been saying we had to get together without pinning down a time and place, but this week we finally did it. M worked for me when she was in high school, but that was over 13 years ago. We often chatted during breaks and I was constantly impressed with her poise and sense of self.

She had been one of my references for my nationality and had told the person who checked I was one of the best bosses she ever had. I replied she was one of the best employees I ever had.

We met at Confederation Centre and opted for Globus’ restaurant which was closed. Instead we went to their bar with its long black shiny tables and stools that make me feel like a child climbing up on furniture.

M is one of those friends that even when time goes by we feel like we saw each other yesterday, except our news takes longer to relate. Hers was a biggy…she had gotten married the Wednesday before.

She made some of the comments my daughter has made about my retirement not being retired in the normal sense.

We parted promising it wouldn't be as long between catch ups.

No comments: