Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Happy Birthday

The lights went off last night at the Café du Soleil. Blackout I thought. Then I saw a candle on a profiterole. Everyone started singing happy birthday and of course I joined in. The waiter came my way and placed the plate in front of me. My birthday is in July.

My girl friend, a person’s who creativity and twists and turns always impress me, was treating me to a fondue as a new citizen had ordered the candle. When she explained it was a celebration of my nationality the waiter said it was almost the same thing. It was my birthday as a new citizen.

I love my friend for the thought and I have filed the meal and the candle under special memories

2 comments:

blueVicar said...

DL-

What an incredible time for you! I read your words and felt the awesomeness of the moments you have been passing. There are few commitments that are as complete as this...one's place in the world whether you are there or not.

All happiness to you as you continue to live the Swiss life.

Meilleurs vœux!

P.S. But I'm still going to keep in touch about our expatriate writings...okay?

DL NELSON said...

Please keep in touch