Sunday, September 24, 2006

Skype I love you

As a technical dummy, I am trying to set up a web site. Fortunately the person I consider my French daughter is a webmaster and she has been walking me through it with more patience than any sane person can expect. She has calmed me through terror, down to panic, and I’ve proceeded to this makes sense and I am almost at a point where I am saying I can do this.

Equally thrilling, since she is in New York, we both are on Skype so a two-hour phone call is doing nothing to my pocketbook. I should probably buy her a gift certificate for aspirin – she’ll need them before I can say I am functioning independently.

Likewise, the ease of a quick check in with other friends on Skype is a wonderful way to maintain friendships and exchange snippets of information. Saturday I was able to chat with my best friend and she was able to give me a minute call to ask a simple question all without charge.

Some of my other friends are adding Skype as well making the Atlantic Ocean a mere puddle when it comes to communication.

1 comment:

blueVicar said...

Setting up a website is not easy. How very lucky you are that you have someone...even so far away...who can help. Good luck to you! And have fun...it'll happen. Oh yes, and "thank you, Skype!"

Meilleurs vœux!