Sunday, September 17, 2006

Mushrooms

Fall/Autumn (depending if you speak American or Brit) is on its way. It isn’t the drop in temperature and no leaf has fluttered to earth in crimson or even yellow glory. The marché has a variety of mushrooms picked from the woods in all shapes sizes and colors. Mushroom picking can be a family pastime on a Saturday with the baskets taken to the local druggist/chemist (American/Brit) who will identify those that will add to a meal versus those that will require a hospital trip.

Because I am heading back to Geneva and am trying to eat down the food I have laid in, I resisted, but I have already planned a trip to the marché in Ferney next weekend to duplicate the mushroom and sage soup eaten in a Welsh pub when I was starting my masters degree at the University of Glamorgan.

No comments: