Thursday, September 14, 2006

Bun frustration

After ten days of holidays and playing tourist, I had vowed to work my buns off until I returned to Geneva next week for the fall and winter where I would also work my buns off with my new projects and my old writing.

While out during a violent electrical storm that caused flooding and chaos throughout the region, my modem was burned out, which is better than some neighbors who lost their modems and their computers. Thus my time has been spent running my buns offdelivering the computer to the computer hospital and going for a new modem.

I will wait until I get my buns back to Geneva on Tuesday to fix the wifi. I tell myself if I drop it off right after I arrive (but not before I get some much mixed sushi) I won’t have to tore both a suitcase and the computer case home. Silver linings are some times hard to come by and this one will have to do.

In the meantime I am prevailing on the good will of neighbors to let me use email and doing what I can accomplish off line glad that my computer is not as in rough shape as some others. And as for buns working off, that will come, although I doubt if it will show up on the outside.

No comments: