Monday, April 03, 2006

Klutz Time and Things That Go Wrong

A simple withdrawal and paying for airline tickets should be simple right?

Nope. The ATM machine had a 300€ limit and I needed 620. I waited in line. Monday mornings people go and do stuff, even though a lot of the stores are closed. Those that open have long lines. Tellers at Crédit Agricole no longer give cash, but they give you a card to withdraw money from the ATM.

Money in hand I headed to the travel agent. Since there was a line I went to buy bread. No chatagne bread until next year. They are out of chestnut flour.

Back to the travel agent. Only one person was there. He wanted to go to Miami. Forty-five minutes later after discussing every flight possibility he ended up going to San Francisco through Madrid via Toulouse. I didn’t have my passport number so the agent couldn’t issue the ticket, but she did accept my money and gave me her email so I could send her the info. Granted everything I was doing was in walking distance of the house which is wonderful.

Once home I broke a glass followed by dropping a package of cookies. It was toss up which had more little pieces. If my broom were a living creature it would probably be in mental collapse at this point.

I may spend the rest of the day under the desk. I can always nibble on any cookie crumbs the broom missed.

No comments: