Thursday, April 20, 2006

Accidental Cinema

I didn’t mean to go to the movies. After three days of self-imposed exile (everyone was gone out of the house) and with a writing schedule that I deliberately slowed to nothing, I was using the time just to be… to wake up and feel the sheets under me, to listen to the birds sing and Munchkin clack at them.

Today, I decided I needed Texmex and headed to town, the first day a jacket wasn’t necessary. The colors were breathtaking from the yellow forsythia and dandelions to the purple pink cherry blossoms.

The dissipated Santa Claus was in his usual place, surrounded by his shopping carts, sans his girlfriend, but engrossed in a book.

At the bus change I saw Nigel, who used to work for me, then took over my team while I went onto other projects. He later quit because he didn’t want to work for a while, a man I can respect for taking time to be. However, he was dressed in a suit, shirt and tie and admitted sadly he was working again.

All the cafés and restaurants had their tables filled with people in shirt sleeves.

The Texmex was as good as I thought it would be and as I wandered back to walk by the lake I saw the movie at Chantepoulet was The Secret Life of Words. No writer can resist a title like that, especially with Tim Robbins in the starring role. The film was starting in minutes.

This is what film making is all about. Excellent, Excellent, Excellent…

No comments: