Sunday, December 04, 2005

Under the duvet and other joys

One of the small joys in life on a cold Sunday morning before the heat is on is to get up for the morning toilet run and go back to bed and find the place left is still toasty warm making for a mega snuggle. Even more pleasurable is to pick up a book and read.

Although I am retired (Hah!), I do a great deal of writing and maintain a full work schedule. The difference is I write when I want, my commute is across the room and except for a few deadlines can arrange my time as I want. This means I can still read a bit in bed before I get up. So Sundays shouldn’t be special, right? Wrong!!!!

Part of the joy about arranging time to suit me, is to keep Sundays as a special time. In Geneva stores are closed and in Argelès food stores are only open until noon, which encourages the downtime mentality.

However, the cozy, get back in bed under a warmed duvet is good Monday-Sunday.

No comments: