Saturday, November 12, 2005

Home Alone

It’s Saturday. My housemates are in the US and Germany. Yesterday I ran to the booksale and it was as good as I remembered. Last night I took sushi to my Indian friend’s.

Tomorrow I go to Bern to meet a former colleague and former apartment-mate. Next week I have three lunches, the Geneva Fair (to get ideas for the flat if it comes through) and see the flower show, and a Democratic potluck and strategy session.

None of the above is a complaint. It is why I continue in Geneva; friends, writers, activities and the beauty of the place.

But today, today folks, I do not intend to leave the house. I have poked my nose out the door only to let Munchkin go out. The day is grey. It is perfect to write, listen to music and savour being alone.

Alone is good to recharge. I am into mega recharging.

No comments: