Thursday, November 03, 2005

A brief walk

She came up to my hip and since I am five one, that’s not very tall. Her blue dress matched the blue streak she talked, about important things like her new hat and mittens, although she shed both quickly in the warmth of the November sun.

Then there was the news that she now had a big bed much better then a baby crib although it wasn’t as big as mommy's and daddy’s and she wanted to know if I had a bed. I told her I did.

We were taking a walk through farm land. The fields have been turned over waiting for next year’s seeds. The flower fields have been stripped for the marches, The Jura were on one side of us, the Alps on the other. Although the sky was bright blue, Mt. Blanc was no where to be seen. I will never understand how a mountain that big can come and go.

Along the way there were rocks to pick up and wildflowers to pick.

The nearby school was using the paths between fields for a race and we clapped as young teens galloped and panted their way by. Two teen girls shouted encouragement. Stephan seemed to be a favourite.

It was short, it was simple, and it was it wonderful.

No comments: